What's your idea for Vets.gov?

ID.me verification issues

Anyone else having problems verifying their identity through ID.me?

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen Kang commented  · 

I registered and uploaded my ID/drivers lic and the system is telling me that they can not verify my Id. Error message: (We couldn’t find your records with that information. Please call the Vets.gov Help Desk at 1-855-574-7286, TTY: 1-800-877-8339. We're open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (ET). Called help desk and they told me that once they verify ID, it takes 48 hours before you can apply for the VA ID card. Lets see what happens in two days. haha

• Anonymous commented  · 

Spent an hour or so today trying to get vet ID, my third time. Couldn’t upload my passport after multiple attempts so elected to answer questions. Went through that and got error message. Chatted with someone which was a little screwed up but was told experians info didn’t match. It does but experian had a 45 minute wait to talk to anyone. I just thank god these folks don’t have to fight a war for us. I’m not going to waste anymore time. Luckily Maine gives us a Veteran license. Thanks Maine

• Anonymous commented  · 

All these comments with problems getting a card an still no one at the va or idme is Listening . Thank you for your service. Yeah right.

• Ken Porter commented  · 

It is terrible logging into. Filling out a government form for for benefits giving your personal information then getting locked out after creating a password on ID.me is frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  · 

ID.me is a private company. It is not government run.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troop_ID

• scooter Lt. commented  · 

tried 3 times, always an excuse why the website is not available. starting to think it's a scam. Now I wonder what happened to the info that I provided and what it's being used for?

• Anonymous commented  · 

is anyone or anything capable at the VA?

• Lawrence I. Kravetz commented  · 

No matter how hard I try I can not get a Vetrans I.D. card.
        I have served in the U.S. Army reserves in 1955 thru 19632 and served 6 moths active duty and was in the rserves for 7 years. I am almost 80 years old and would like to get a VA. loan and use my card for discounts etc. I tried and tried for over a year and think my info was burned up in the fire. So what! I still deserve a card. Please Help!

• Lawrence I. Kravetz commented  · 

No matter how hard I try I can not get a Vetrans I.D. card.
        I have served in the U.S. Army reserves in 1955 thru 19632 and served 6 moths active duty and was in the rserves for 7 years. I am almost 80 years old and would like to get a VA. loan and use my card for discounts etc. I tried and tried for over a year and think my info was burned up in the fire. So what! I still deserve a card.

• John Barber commented  · 

This is a complete joke. Login is screwed up because it added my name at the end of my email after I submitted it and now it won't meet me fix it and the "support team" says just create a new login, which it won't let me. Forget it. This is why government shouldn't be running health care in America, because they can't get **** straight.

• Vincent Basignani commented  · 

I have tried 5 different telephone numbers to call for on line support to get an new Vet ID card. No one knows what I'm taking about. Very disappointing

• Anonymous commented  · 

it is terrible..does nothing but cause trouble

• WALTER KEARSE commented  · 

yes...having problems loging in....site has crashes...

• Anonymous commented  · 

FYI for those who live outside the US...I called the VA and got some info. I explained the problem with not being able to complete the verification process she looked into it. She was surprised to learn that without a valid permanent US address you cannot get an I’d.me or DS logon. You also cannot of those new veterans I’d cards. The person I spoke to took the time to speak with her supervisor who checked on that and verified that sorry, if you live outside the borders then you’re out of luck. I do want to say thanks to Gwen at the va for taking the time and trouble to thoroughly look into it. Very nice person. But in the end, Semper Fi and Leave no man behind is not something the govt understands.
        So to all you living outside the US don’t waste anymore time on this.
        M

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have been reading the comments and I am having the same issue this ID Me nonsense is ridiculous. Trying to match up with Credit Report records? WE'RE Military! WE MOVE AROUND AND CHANGE NUMBERS AND ADDRESS FREQUENTLY! How do I know what you are looking for it to match up. I've been at it for hours and I got ***** out of my benefits due to your "ID Me" verification service. I have a drivers license and DD214 that should be enough.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'll try this again- seems they took down my comment. I contacted id.me and they told me to contact some credit company called Experian. I have no idea who they are and do not intend to give my personal info to yet another outsource company. It's not right that these companies are blocking my access to gov't resources.

• Anonymous commented  · 

YES! now id.me is telling me I need to deal with another company called Experian because my credit info is incorrect. I never provided any credit info before and should not have to now especially to some company I never heard of. something smells fishy.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can not change my phone number after it forced me to do a verification and I used my son's phone as I was at his home at the time. How do I get my cell or home phone back in the system. It also will not let me modify my profile as the address has recently changed.

• Charles Lewis commented  · 

I understand that it seems to be open season for hacking government websites, but I really can't comprehend why the loggins I use, successfully, on many other government sites such as Social Security, myhealth.gov, epay.gov and a DS log on with Homeland Security aren't being utilized with vet.gov

Ditch ID.Me---it flat out ain't working for a lot of veterans!

P.S. and now you're asking that I provide a legit personal email address----something else for ID.Me to catalog and use when you dump them for a different hair-brained Byzantine bureaucratic idea?

• Capt Pete commented  · 

my prior comment still trying to get a printed id, but the health.net was much easier to set up. I'm able to log in and easily print a new paper card.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base